Thursday 17 May 2007

Jimmy Scott and his Band, in London

On the17th May 2007, I attendded a gig at Ronnie Scott's in central London to see legendary artist Jimmy Scott. He performed a number of ballads with his band , The Expressions, including 'Body and Soul' and 'Pennies from Heaven'. Great stuff.

Whilst I was negotiating my entry rights to the club earlier, none other than Mr and Mrs Scott arrived by taxi and I was honoured to assist the party getting to the dressing room. It was nice to meat Jeannie, for a fleeting moment, as she had quite a bit to do. I was happy to sit at the bar and drink fresh apple juice and witness the proceedings on stage.

Thanks Jeanie and Mr Jimmy Scott for a lovely evening. I bet he wondered who I was. Tell him it was a thrill to chat to him Soul Sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.